Firefighters rush to town centre home to extinguish kitchen blaze

Firefighters rushed to a town centre home to extinguish a blaze this afternoon.

At around 1pm today, Saturday 9 July, one Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service crew from Stratton attended a kitchen fire at a property on Faringdon Road.

The fire was put out on arrival, and a large amount of smoke was cleared from the home.

inSwindon Artisan Market inSwindon Artisan Market

The alarm was raised by the home owner’s worried neighbours after hearing the fire alarm.

A spokesperson for the fire service on scene told Swindon 24 that if it wasn’t for this man’s working fire alarm, this incident could have been much worse.