Sparks are inviting fans to star in a spoken-word video of the band’s current single, and the title track of their forthcoming album, Hippopotamus.
The album ‘Hippopotamus’ will be released on September 8th 2017 on BMG. Recorded in Los Angeles, ‘Hippopotamus’ sees them take the pop form, shake it up, and create an album that is adventurous, fresh and idiosyncratically ‘Sparks’.
Described as “the smartest, most consistently evolving band in the history of rock”, and internationally acclaimed as pop pioneers, Sparks’ music has always been innovative and instantly identifiable.
The title track, first played on BBC Radio 6 Music, was released as a single at midnight Friday 24th March after the band performed it, as well as 3 other songs from the album, in their set at the 6 Music Festival in Glasgow.
Having created their own spoken-word video filmed on the streets of London, Sparks posted the invitation on their Facebook page, with very specific rules.
Here’s what you do:
– Choose a line from the ‘Hippopotamus’ song
– Shoot a maximum 15-second long video of you speaking that line in LANDSCAPE format (i.e. the camera needs to be held horizontally, NOT upright)
– Upload it to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the hashtag #SparksHippoTalk.
– Send a copy of the video to [email protected]
– If the video file is larger than 10MB please send via a platform such as ‘wetransfer’ or ‘Dropbox’
– All videos must be received by May 5th 2017