The Bring Back Oliver’s Smile Campaign was founded early in this year to fundraise for a young boy named Oliver.
1 of 2
Oliver had an ordinary stomach bug when he was three years old and one day he had a major seizure. Oliver was taken to PICU in Southampton and his parents Suzie and Mike Johnson found out that the stomach bug had entered his spine and left three small holes in his brain. At this time Oliver, now 6, was in a coma and was in a very life threatening condition. Oliver was in hospital for months and had several tests performed until he was diagnosed with ANEC “Acute Necrotizing Encephalopathy of Childhood”.
Oliver was a normal loving and friendly little boy and this illness took a lot away from him, he can no longer talk, walk, eat or drink to name a few. Oliver goes through a lot of physio and treatments at the moment and requiring a lot of equipment that is not available on the NHS.
Bring Back Oliver’s Smile was founded by Samuel May and set up to raise as much money as possible to improve Oliver’s Quality of Life. Bring Back Oliver’s Smile have completed many fundraising events and raised around £3000 so far. The next big event is the “Biggest and Best Charity Auction” which will be held on the 01st of November at 7pm on the Bring Back Oliver’s Smile Facebook Page.
Current auction items:
· P3 Beauty Treatments by Becky Parsons – A Treatment worth £250
· Torte Di Maria by Maria Harper – A professional Unicorn Cake
· A Xmas Hamper
· A Pamper party for 6 people donated by The Body Shop
· Son of Zorn Pop donated by The Incredible Comic Shop
· Family ticket to watch Swindon Town FC Vs Newport County donated by STFC
· Family ticket to a 2018/19 Swindon Wildcats game donated by Swindon Wildcats
· Signed Helena Bonham Carter Harry Potter Photo
· Signed Bushwaker Luke Poster
· Signed Soundtrack to “Inside Llewyn Davis” signed by Marcus Mumford and Carey Mulligan
· Il Divo signed concert program which includes backstage pass and limited edition candle
· Large XL Pop of Rocket signed by the motion capture actor, Arti Shah
· Signed Tugboat figure
· Signed Kurt Angle Picture
· BB-8 Star wars smart phone enabled droid
· £40 Voucher from Siam Thai in Swindon Old Town
· Kids eat free voucher for a year from Frankie and Bennies.
There has been fantastic support so far from local businesses and the auction items keep being added.
You can find further information at www.bringbackoliverssmile.co.
uk and on the Bring Back Oliver’s Smile Facebook Group.